Jim has over 30 years’ experience in the law and now specialises in will, probate, trust and inheritance disputes and court of protection cases to include:-
- Contesting a will:
- Facing a will dispute:
- Concerned over how a trust is being run;
- A trustee faced with a dispute
- An executor or beneficiary involved in a contentious probate or inheritance dispute;
- Wishing to make a claim for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputed cases in the court of protection – to include challenging gifts, seeking the approval of the court of protection to actions taken by attorney, objection to an appointment, cancelling a power of attorney and challenging personal welfare decisions and capacity disputes.
- Proprietary estoppel, resulting trust and constructive trust cases
Jim is an Associate Member of Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
Outside of work Jim spends his time watching horse racing and Oxford United , attending the Gym and receiving physiotherapy treatment.