joint venture agreements
Our specialist lawyers have extensive experience in drawing up various joint venture agreements, collaboration and cooperation agreements and consortium agreements. We handle contracts for a wide range of companies, covering small and large scale projects that involve both national and international transactions.
When considering ‘joint ventures’ we will advise on the following:
- The appropriate structure for your joint venture whether that be a bespoke joint venture company or a contractual arrangement;
- Putting in place an appropriate management structure;
- Advising on pitfalls such as unintentionally setting up a partnership or breaching Competition Law;
- Dealing with intellectual property (‘IP’) issues relating to the ownership and licensing of pre-existing IP belong to the parties or IP developed by the joint venture parties.
Here are some examples of recent joint venture and collaboration agreements that we have been involved in:
- A collaboration agreement between a UK company and one based in Saudi Arabia relating to the promotion and supply of technical equipment to customers operating in the oil extraction industry;
- A collaboration agreement between a UK company and German company relating to the supply and evaluation of specialised testing equipment used in the rail industry.
What our clients say:
“From my first meeting with Danielle through until completion of our job I felt entirely in knowledgeable and capable hands. I was always kept up-to-date with the progress and milestones we needed to take and Danielle was efficient and diligent in following up with all parties to ensure the process moved along smoothly. Danielle was always available to answer and clarify any queries I had. I’d be very happy to recommend Danielle and her team at Geoffrey Leaver and will of course take any future legal problems I may have directly to Danielle for her expertise.”
For more information about how we can help, you can read testimonials from our company commercial clients
The Company Commercial Team
Tim Roberts Senior Partner
Company Commercial 01908 689356Tim Roberts is Head of the Department and the firm’s Senior Partner. He began his career as a solicitor in the City of London before moving to Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors Company Commercial department. He has over 30 years of experience in Company Commercial and specialises in all aspects of the sale and purchase of companies and businesses, including management buy-outs, corporate restructuring, banking and corporate finance.