Whatever your business, and no matter what your issue, our Company Commercial team has the expertise to help. We can advise on a range of corporate matters, including:
- raising capital by issuing share,
- company restructuring,
- formation of new companies and LLPs,
- company restoration,
- drafting and/or amending Articles and Memorandum of Association,
- advising on share structures and share buy-backs; and
- dealing with employee share option agreements (and in particular with EMI schemes).
Here are some examples of recent transactions we have been involved in:
- Restructuring of a group of companies operating both at a national and international level to enable the owners to go their separate ways. Working with the clients’ accountants, we completed this complex transaction in a timely manner so as to allow the clients to obtain various tax advantages;
- Dealing with a multi-million pound investment in a ‘tech’ company to enable it to issue shares to a number of new investors including a major institutional investor. This transaction involved us in drafting/approving complex subscription and investment agreements and also redrafting the company’s articles of association;
- Formation of a tax effective family investment companies. Again, working with the client’s accountants, we were able to come up with a company structure that achieved the client’s succession aims whilst also being tax effective;
- The setting up of a bespoke Limited Liability Partnership to be used as a vehicle for land development purposes including drafting an appropriate LLP agreement to regulate the position between the members;
- The restoration of a dissolved company by way of court order to recover significant funds held in a bank account belonging to the dissolved company;
- Advising on an EMI share option scheme for an international software supplier.
What our clients say:
“From my first meeting with Danielle through until completion of our job I felt entirely in knowledgeable and capable hands. I was always kept up-to-date with the progress and milestones we needed to take and Danielle was efficient and diligent in following up with all parties to ensure the process moved along smoothly. Danielle was always available to answer and clarify any queries I had. I’d be very happy to recommend Danielle and her team at Geoffrey Leaver and will of course take any future legal problems I may have directly to Danielle for her expertise.”
For more information about how we can help, you can read testimonials from our company commercial clients
The Company Commercial Team
Tim Roberts Senior Partner
Company Commercial 01908 689356Tim Roberts is Head of the Department and the firm’s Senior Partner. He began his career as a solicitor in the City of London before moving to Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors Company Commercial department. He has over 30 years of experience in Company Commercial and specialises in all aspects of the sale and purchase of companies and businesses, including management buy-outs, corporate restructuring, banking and corporate finance.