Stuart is Head of the Employment Department and has over 20 years’ experience advising on all aspects of employment and pensions law. His partner led service provides practical and commercially focused advice to a wide range of local, national and international clients on the whole range of work related matters including:
- Day to day advice on typical employment issues including disciplinary and grievance, performance, absence and termination.
- Negotiating exit terms and advising on settlement agreements.
- Planning and implementing corporate restructures and redundancies.
- Bringing and defending Employment Tribunal claims including unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- Navigating clients through the TUPE regulations and in particular service provision changes that can arise from outsourcing or re-tendering.
- Corporate support on business sales, acquisitions and mergers.
- Protecting confidential information and enforcing post termination restrictive covenants.
- Pensions advice to employers, trustees and individuals including de-risking, bulk annuity purchases (buy-ins), flexible apportionment arrangements, closure of schemes, disputes over pensions entitlements and governance of DB and DC trust based schemes.
- Data Protection and GDPR.
- Drafting contracts and policies
Stuart is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and in his spare time is a keen runner and novice triathlete.
"As we are a US based firm Stuart was very helpful and accommodating in working with us. It was very helpful to have his level of support while working at a relatively great distance."Matt Horine | AP Tech Solids Limited