Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors participate in Will Month
Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors are once again proud to announce they are participating in Will Month this November 2019 in aid of Willen Hospice.
So, what is Will Month?
This is when we provide our legal expertise to draft your will in return for a donation to Willen Hospice during the month of November 2019. So, if you were thinking of updating your will or have been thinking of setting one up now is a great time to do this, especially when you will be supporting such a worthy charity.
How can I take part?
Simply follow these steps below.
Step 1 – Contact
Contact one of the Geoffrey Leaver Private Client Solicitors on Tel 01908 689317 or alternatively email email@example.com and quote ‘Will Month’.
Step 2 – Prepare for the meeting
Before your appointment you will need to prepare a few things, but don’t worry our team will guide you on this before your initial meeting. You will need to:-
- consider who you wish to appoint as your executor. This is the person(s) who is responsible for carrying out the wishes of your will; and
- put together a list of assets you own. Such as the value of your house, car, savings, jewellery, stocks and shares and what you owe (the outstanding balance of your mortgage, overdrafts, bank loans and other debts); and
- list anything you want to leave, together with the full names and addresses of who you want to benefit. These can be:
- Specific gifts or items
- A residuary gift.
- A gift that can be made once all debts have been paid and any fixed gifts given, often a portion of your estate, divided into percentages.
- A pecuniary gift. This is a specific amount of money.
- consider your donation to Willen Hospice. There are various ways you can remember Willen Hospice in your will
- A Residuary Gift – Leave part of your estate to Willen e.g. 1% of the residue of your estate
- Pecuniary Gift – A fixed gift of money e.g. £1,000
- A Specific Gift – Leave something specific to the Hospice, like furniture or jewellery
For more information about our Will drafting services please click here.
Step 3 – Meet with a member of our team
Our legal professionals will take the time to meet with you to fully understand your wishes and instructions. We will advise you on the most suitable Will for you based on your individual circumstances. So, whether you need to appoint guardians for your children, need to make provisions for your business or incorporating trusts to protect your property and assets we have the expertise to guide you through this process.
Step 4 – Will is drafted
After your consultation we will then prepare and send to you a draft of your Will for your review and consideration. We can make any final changes to your Will before we meet in person to sign it. Once the Will is signed we will register your Will on Certainty the national Will register and you will receive a registration certificate together with a copy of your signed Will to keep at home. We will also store your Will in the firm’s strong room free of charge.
Step 3 – Donation
At your appointment, we will collect from you your donation to Willen Hospice in return for your Will writing service. The suggested minimum donation for a codicil ( a change to your will) is £50, a basic Will £125 and a pair of mirror wills is £200.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our Private Client Services Team on 01908 689317.